Vision Day 7.3.2020 – a summary of our values.
The Church of England in Earsdon and Backworth wishes to be…
- A place of care
- We want to be a friendly family, caring for one another.
- We want to be tolerant and encouraging – especially of young people.
- We want our life to be participatory, where there is a role for everybody, and fruitful, a place where people can grow in their faith.
- We want to be honest and united, rooted in a living tradition
- We want to be both educational – teaching the faith – and joyful – doing this with a sense of humour.
- We want our care to reach out into God’s world.
- We want to offer a generous, warm welcome that is inclusive of all people, no matter their background.
- We want to be engaged with society, and aim to give lively energy to others.
- Open to change
- Engaging with an ever-changing culture will require us to be flexible.
- We want to be open to change.
- We want to be responsive to the need we find in the world around us.
- Rooted in God
- We want to be a repentant people, quick to return to God as the source of our life.
- Grateful for the faithfulness of God, we want to mirror that faithfulness back to God as his flexible friends in Earsdon and Backworth.
Revd Tim Mayfield